Join 10,000 fabulous people as they unite for a glittering explosion of pride in the heart of Sydney’s gay and lesbian district.
Born from a single night of political protest in 1978, the true Mardi Gras spirit lives on 39 years later, bringing the city to a standstill with hundreds and thousands lining the streets in support of equality, pride and a dazzling spectacle of sparkles and self-expression.
Theme: Diversity & Equality
Song: "Work Bitch" by Brittney Spears
- Choreography for the Work Bitch will provided by a choreographer. The song was selected based on a vote via facebook - thanks for your support. A youtube video will be released demonstrating the choreo and we will have a rehearsal prior to the parade.
- We will be marching in swimwear or t-shirt and shorts (supply yourself). We ask you to wear all black so we appear united and to look better in the choreography. We will then paint our bodies/tshirts/speedos in blue glitter paint with our club name(s).
- A social event will be organised after the marching and before the parties so there will be a chance to bask in our glory (and get turnt).
- Most importantly, we have a maximum of 60 people (Mardi Gras' limit), so we will first open the invitations to Wett Ones, Aqualicious, and Glamourheads swimmers only. After 15th January we will open up applications to everyone (friends, family, co-workers!).
- The cost is $40 and this needs to be paid in order to secure your place. We will provide bank details shortly.
- We need two volunteer parade marshalls to help out Mardi Gras. We have no further info on this role currently - but if you're interested in a front row seat for the parade let us know.
- We need a truck driver! The truck will be automatic and you can use a normal car licence but of course you will be unable to be under the influence of anything until the truck is stored away safely after the parade.
- We need a space close to the end of the parade route to park the truck. Let us know if live / work near there and can help.
- We will need several 'creatives' to help with decoration of the truck!