The Balmoral Swims
Friendly, family-oriented event on beautiful Sydney Harbour beach, raising funds for Children's Cancer Institute Australia.
What you need to know...
- Event - The Balmoral Swims
- Distances - 1km, 250m Junior swim, 4x150m Age relay, 4 x 150m schools relay, and Dash for Glory
- Venue - Balmoral Beach, near the rotunda.
- Time/Date - Sunday, March 13, 2016, 9:30am (250m Jr), 10:15am (1km), 8:30am Schools Relay
- Registration - Race day - before 9am (250m Jr) and before 9:30am (1km)
- Dash for Glory - $500 for each of Men's and Women's winners, starters must have swum in the 1km event. Register for Dash at registration table on swim day.
- Entry fee - 1km - $30 ($40 on race day), 250m Junior - $10 (250m Jr), $40 (Age Relay) (TBC)
- Online entries close - 12 noon, Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Age limits - 1km - 12, 250m Junior - 5-12
- Conditions - This is a harbour swim, so it will be smooth, although a nor'-easter could whip up a little chop. Unlikely at that time of the morning, though. No break to speak of, no currents, banks, gutters or anything like that. It means is that you don't need to wait until close to swim day to get a feel for likely surf conditions, because there ain't any.
- Parking - On-street. Be aware that parking in Balmoral is tight, especially on a Sunday. You can get the bus, too.
- More info - Check event website... Click here... And download event entry form (hard copy)... See event website (link at right)